Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Playlist Evanescent by Carlyle Labuschagne

Title: Evanescent 
Author: Carlyle Labuschagne
Series: A Broken Novel (#2)
Genre: SciFi/YA/Dystopian
Publisher: Fire Quill Publishing 
Release Date: Nov 16 2013
Editions: eBook & Print
Synopsis: 
Her fall has just begun. Only his touch can save her from the shift that could destroy it all. Within my blood runs a thing our kind calls the Shadowing Disease. It shadows over, and bends everything to its will. When the first blood- shift came, it tore through flesh and blood, threatening to bend me, break bone, shatter my mind and entrap my heart with its honeyed, seductive poison. It came with vicious intent, moving my thoughts and altering me forever. The shift has caused a rift within me. No one was safe when it entrapped me in its claws of foul lust. But I have the only antidote against the evil that becomes me - his touch alone has the power to release the spurs of sweet darkness that clung on for dear life. I knew what I had to do; the desperation pulled my mind with the deep determination of a hungry predator. By the time the revelation raised me from the dark dungeon of my bounds - it might have been too late.



Often Authors have a Playlist for their books do you have a set Playlist for Evanescent.
(If so Please Share it with use and if Possible give iTunes or even YouTube Links for each Song.)


Oh I am very much a book playlist writer. Not only is the music inspiring, it’s what drives the creative wheel for me. Writing would be less without it, in so many ways. At times I alter a scene to fit the song. – it’s extreme but it works for me. Music has always been like a short, intense shot out of the story bottle.

That s why I am still shocked that not only does my theme song for the book belong to a local rock legend group on south Africa I was granted permission to quote the song in my book in exchange for a signed copy of my book.

A pic with members of Prime Circle with Evanescent. Im the short one with the insanely cheesy grin, my hubby is the handsome one standing on the other side of lead singer Ross Learmonth. #blessedLife

Here is the song that so perfectly goes with the theme behind Evanescent and the perils our main characters face.
The song is called Jekyll and Hyde from the album Jekyll and Hyde





This song brings to light the struggle within herself between her human conscience and that of her darker side, her struggle with the shadowing disease that is slowly corrupting her from the inside. I love the piece where she is hunter for what she is (carries with in her blood) perfect for Eva!
Scene: Excerpt from Evanescent:
Torn between the Devine light, and the oppressing Shadow.– I was not meant to exist that way. But knowing that no matter how dark, lonely and scary a reality it had become for us all, love was always the answer, and love of one’s self was, and is, the best ability and gift that’s ever existed. For love makes the impossible possible, without it nothing would survive. Love moves through an eternity of space and changes all time, and that should be the very thing that drives us.      I was new to the thing called emotions and love. I had been created to shun it, been told it was weak. Brainwashed and medically controlled by the Council to prevent it from motivating me. The day I met Troy, it all changed. That was the first time I had explored emotions, and the Council knew – they know and that is why they came after me, and would do everything in their power to keep us apart. I was horrified to admit that I thought they might have already succeeded. I had defied every experiment they put before me. I was not to feel, or to challenge. Emotions made us weak. Ironically, the only thing that kept the shift from destroying me– was my emotions. The shift is a deadly disease, it comes from a dark place, a place that hates fear, and seeks redemption in all the wrong places. At times, the shift had all of me, but he is my antidote, our salvation. And therefore, in his hands and in my heart, he has all of me.
           
            I sat in the crossfire, my mind and the will of the Blood-shift fighting each other for a place in my heart. I choked back tears of fear as the bitter taste of hate for what I was clung to my insides. This is how the disease works. It turns you against yourself, so you can give in to it, to its promising power to take all humanity away from you – to forget. How could he love a monster?
            I could not contain it any longer. It was who I had to become. I saw my transformed reflection in the pod. I was a hideous beast. I ran from one side of the room, stricken with fury and a blazed sai glued to my palm, and tore through the glass of each bluish, domed pod before me. Vengeance was all that existed as shards showered down on me. I was deep within my guilt and self-loathing. Blood, oil, and ichor splattered the walls around me as I kept running; it all stained my skin with their strange blood – my blood! It was I who had been responsible for their existence. I let Enoch do this to me, to them.
            My mind was reeling like a speeding craft through all existence, beyond and back. My pulse beat a solid shame inside the dark fabric of my mind, spreading like a wild fire through my veins, infecting my body with its venom. This was what a weapon did – abolish all, leaving nothing in its wake.
            The next hall of tubes were merely shapeless bodies, no faces, no hair, but the blood leaking through paper-thin skins taunted me. I drew both sais higher, and ran through the rows once more, cutting, piercing and shattering glass. My rage showered me with sharp, clear, glass slivers, reflecting the blue liquid from other pods. I was drowning in a sea of monsters. With each slice of glass on my skin, the sweet pain attempted to work its magic in killing my suffering heart. I spun and sliced through a golden tube running up and out from the floor, and into a row of pods. A huge alarm pierced the air, a siren designed to bring the intruder down with such a high frequency it shook the stone walls, threatening to bring the entire structure down, too. I grinned, watching the unmarked clones drain of the little life they had. There will never be another disaster like me! My instinct took over and I was deaf, not able to hear a single shard of glass crashing to the floor, or the shrill that sent waves of paralyzing noise throughout the fortress.”
Copyright Carlyle Labuschagne 2013 Evanescent a broken novel.



Song two: Terrible love by Birdy - https://youtu.be/tCf_v94B7Hs


Eva knows the darkness is consuming her, and she loves so much of how it has changed her, made her stronger but she also struggles with the fact that it is slowing wining over very thing she wants to keep about herself. It is a terrible love to love what is not good for you. And her love for Troy is that too, she is obsessed with making him lover her bad side and wants nothing else more in the universe than to be eternally his and his hers in anyway shape or form.

My blood – Ellie Goulding https://youtu.be/Ngr5IPwp4uE


Once again it is the epiphany of her transformation into the Dark Queen. Her blood holds the key to her salvation and those infected by the shadowing disease, or the destruction of everything as we know it. It color of her blood is different and she is ashamed of it, tries to hide it from the one she loves –Troy. She’s given so much of herself and yet its never the right way, and she knows that eventually she will either have to be eternally dark or live being without the power and possibilities it holds.

You can find the rest of my playlist here:





Carlyle is a South African award winning author, with a flair for mixing genres and adding loads of drama to every story she creates. For now she is happy to take over the world and convert non Sci-fi believers.
Her goal as an author is to touch people's lives, and help others love their differences and one another by delivering strong messages of faith, love and hope within every outrageous world she writes about.

"I love to swim, fight for the trees, and am a food lover who is driven by my passion for life. I dream that one day my stories will change the lives of countless teenagers and have them obsess over the world literacy can offer them instead of worrying about fitting in. Never sacrifice who you are, it’s in the dark times that the light comes to life."

Carlyle used writing as a healing tool and that is why she started her very own writers support event - SAIR bookfestival. 

 "To be a helping hand for those who strive to become full times writers, editors, bloggers, readers and cover artists - it’s a crazy world out there you don’t have to go it alone!"

Founder of SAIR Book Festival
Co-Founder of Fire Quill Publishing.
Founder of Help build a Library in South Africa. 

A firm believer in - YA Saves!

Places to find Carlyle


Places to find Evanescent



No comments:

Post a Comment